Sunday 15 March 2009

Chainmaille Rings

A question was asked in the comment box if I make all my rings for chainmaille. The answer is yes, I do. There are several important reasons why I do so. The first is cost. Goldfilled wire is pretty expensive already and to buy the ready cut rings would treble the cost. The second, equally important reason is that I can make absolutely any size of ring I want and when I want it in any type and gauge of wire which takes my fancy. To be able to make them I have complete sets of knitting needles from the tiniest to the fattest, both in metric and imperial measurements. So for me it's do it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Post

THE TASTIEST PINEAPPLE-GINGER JAM

There are many different types of commercial pineapple jams to be had, some good, some bad and others terrible. Most contain preservatives a...