Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Pendants again

This design gave me almost a sleepless night! I kept dreaming about it, how to shape the petals, how to make the frame to hold them, how to decorate the flower, etc. etc. By morning I had the answer and set to work. In all my dreaming it had not occurred to me how tough 19g wire can be; it does not like to be wrapped by hand in tiny little coils, even bending the petals was a challenge. But I did complete it, with a pearl in the centre and amethyst Swarovski crystals surrounding the pearl. The next challenge will be matching earrings! Can anyone tell me the type of pearl I used? I won several strands of them in a competition and have no clue as to what they are called.
Another flower pendant awaiting earrings! For the petals I used 24g wire, 2 strands twisted together and shaped over my own home-made jig. The bezel for the focal agate was made in 20g wire. After attaching the blue topaz Swarovski crystals to the petals I used the remaining wire to link the focal and the petals together,weaving across the back of the focal to make it secure.
This pendant turned out to be a dreamcatcher in Japanese weave. Purely accidental! I set out to make a cube, but found that I could not bring up the sides to join together, the size of the rings was too small and the tension on bending the sides up was so tight I could not insert another ring to join it all together. So I  removed several rings to get back to a sheet. Looking at it I thought that I could stretch it over a circle and this is the result! I like it, but there will be no earrings to match! No way!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like them all but my favorite is the dreamcatcher with the Japanese weave...stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pendants. have always loved wirework but can't imagine myself coming up with something as beautiful. i think the pearls are freshwater pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers! Isn't it funny how solutions come to us in the middle of the night - happens for me so much that I have a notepad by my bed and when faced with a problem now EXPECT to solve it in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

S-Cookies for Christmas

S shaped cookies are traditionally a year round treat. But today I will give you a variation which tastes and smells of Christmas. The secre...